Join Our FCN-4 Zoom Meetings
Information on our next Regional Meeting to be held on Tuesday, June 8th ... starting at 9:30 a.m. will be posted here in the next few days.
Our third FCN-4 Zoom Meeting (and 48th FCN-4 Regional Meeting) was held Wednesday, February 24, 2021 (9:30 – 11:30 am)
The Guest Speaker was Holly Odoardi (Senior Administrator – Macassa Lodge, Hamilton)
Holly spoke on “LTC – CARES Hamilton” – a program established to provide LTC residents with access to support from Emergency Room Physicians and other healthcare services for urgent issues, while being able to stay in the comfort of their LTC home environment.
1. Introduction & Network Welcome
2. Guest Speaker ... followed by Question & Answer session
3. Update from the FCN-4 Advocacy Committee
4. Round Table Discussion & Promising (Best) Practices
* Key issues that your Family Council is facing
* Sharing ideas, success stories and other “Best Practices” that have helped to improve the life of residents
* How is your LTC home helping residents deal with loneliness and depression during the pandemic?
* The role of “essential caregiver / care-partner”
Meeting Report: Click on the icon to download and read the full report.
The previous FCN-4 Regional meeting was held via Zoom on November 2, 2020 with more than 60 people participating. Click on this icon to download and view the Slide Deck of our Guest Speaker: Laura Tamblyn Watts (President and CEO of CanAge).
The Chair of our FCN-4 Advocacy Committee, Carol Dueck, also provided an update at the meeting. Click on this icon to download and view the Slide Deck of her report.