Join Our FCN-4 Zoom Meetings
This is your invitation to join our third FCN-4 Zoom Meeting (and 48th FCN-4 Regional Meeting).
Robert Gadsby, Chair of FCN-4 is pleased to announce that our Guest Speaker for this Zoom Meeting will be:
Holly Odoardi (Senior Administrator – Macassa Lodge, Hamilton)
Holly will be speaking to us “LTC – CARES Hamilton” – a program established to provide LTC residents with access to support from Emergency Room Physicians and other healthcare services for urgent issues, while being able to stay in the comfort of their LTC home environment.
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 (9:30 – 11:30 am)
Send an email to Carol Dueck, Chair of our FCN-4 Advocacy Committee, AdvocacyFCN4@protonmail.com to register and include:
* Your Name,
* Long-Term Care Home Name,
* Your email address and phone number
You will receive an email with an invitation to join the meeting ... and only those who are registered will be “admitted to the discussion”. You are able to join with just a phone, if you do not have computer with a camera. You do not need a Zoom Account to join this discussion; you can join on your phone or computer via the invitation that will be sent to you.
1. Introduction & Network Welcome
2. Guest Speaker ... followed by Question & Answer session
3. Update from the FCN-4 Advocacy Committee
4. Round Table Discussion & Promising (Best) Practices
* Key issues that your Family Council is facing
* Sharing ideas, success stories and other “Best Practices” that have helped to improve the life of residents
* How is your LTC home helping residents deal with loneliness and depression during the pandemic?
* The role of “essential caregiver / care-partner”
The previous FCN-4 Regional meeting was held via Zoom on November 2, 2020 with more than 60 people participating. Click on this icon to download and view the Slide Deck of our Guest Speaker: Laura Tamblyn Watts (President and CEO of CanAge).
The Chair of our FCN-4 Advocacy Committee, Carol Dueck, also provided an update at the meeting. Click on this icon to download and view the Slide Deck of her report.